Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Vergara East: How Politics, Education Policy and the Law Are Irrevocably Intertwined
- “I’ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours … I Promise Not to Tell Anyone,” (Teacher Evaluation Scores are Released to Teachers/Principals)
- Why Did Teachout Lose? Musing on the Realities of Politics and Elections
- Cuomo versus Teachout: Do You Know Anyone Who’s Voting for Andrew Cuomo?
- Vocational Ed (CTE) Requires the Same Skills as College Readiness: Jobs in the 21st Century are High-Skilled or “Do You Want Fries with That?”
- What the First Grade Says About the Rest of Your Life, and How We Change Destiny
- Bad Dreams, Nightmares, Nausea as the First Day of School Approaches for Teachers
- (Really Bad) Advice from Chancellor Farina to New Teachers
- Legerdemain: Can We Trust the State Test Scores? and, Does it Matter? Shouldn’t We Ask: Why Are Some Schools Succeeding and Others Struggling?
- Should Pre-K Classrooms Be “Play-Based” or Have a Common Core Standards -Based Academic Component?