Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Endorsing a Candidate: How Will the UFT Select a Candidate in the September 10th Democratic Primary?
- APPR (Teacher Evaluation) Complexity: If Principals, Teachers and Parents Don’t Understand It, It Will Fail.
- “The Other America” Revisited: Why Are We Ignoring the Advice of Our Best and Brightest? Our Nobel Prize Winners.
- How Do You Select a Candidate in the September 10th Democratic Primary? Is Mayoral Control the Core Issue? and, BTW, How Should NYC Schools Be Governed?
- Weingarten Calls For A Moratorium on the Implementation of the Common Core: A “Save Harmless” Year for Planning That Includes Parents, Teachers and Principals.
- Common Core Confusion: The CCSS Without Content-Rich Curriculum, a Focus on Planning and Instruction and Collaboration is a Farce.
- Data Addiction: Why Commissioners Need a 12-Step Program to Cure Data Compulsion and Save Hundreds of Millions, and, Perhaps, Return Sanity to Classrooms.
- NYU Panel (Part 2): Where are the Policymakers? (Certainly Not Currently Listening to Families and Teachers and Principals and Scholars)
- NYU Panel (Part 1): Can We Graduate Teachers Adequate to Teach the Common Core?
- Building Trust or Building Antagonism: Will Teachers and Parents Accept or Reject the Common Core?