Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Why Are Contract Negotiations Taking So Long? and, Other Questions You Wanted to Ask
- In Praise of Test Prep in the World of No Child Left Behind and the Common Core State Standards Tests
- City/UFT Contract Negotiations Heat Up. and So Does the Opposition.
- Skipping Over the Pond on Spring Break: Reinvigorating the Teaching Engine.
- Will the Success/Failure of the Pre-Kindergarten Initiaitive Determine the Future of the de Blasio Administration? Will the Common Core Wars Be Ignited by the Pre-Kindergarten Curriculum Wars?
- Who Will NYSUT Endorse for Governor? Cuomo? Astorino? No One? A Yet to Be Named Working Families Party Candidate?
- New Leadership at the New York State United Teachers (NYSUT): Can the New Leadership Re-Energize the Union? Will the Members Put Aside Differences?
- NYSUT Leadership at Stake: The Members Will Decide Who Leads the 600,000 NYS Teachers.
- Screened Schools, School Integration, the Portfolio Model: Will the Mayor Support Policies to Foster School Integration? Neighborhood Schools? We’re Waiting.
- Cuomo at the Helm: Wheeling and Dealing to Mollify Parents and Teachers and Positioning Himself for the Gubernatorial (and Presidential?) Runs.