Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Teacher Evalution: Firing to Excellence is Faux Reform, Consistent, On-Going Assessment by Skilled Observers Engenders Excellence.
- Time for a Debate: Should the Governor Select the Commissioner? Should All School Funding Reflect a State Formula, Not Local Wealth? Do We Need 700 School Districts in NYS?
- John King on the Way to DC: A Time to Reconsider and Rethink the Path to More Effective Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Academic Tenacity: Why the SAT, Pearson and PARCC tests Are Poor Predictors of College/Career Readiness and Why Non-Cognitive Skills Trump Faulty Exams.
- Parsing the NYS Election Cycle: Experts Mull the Campaigns and Muse Over the Albany Session
- The Regents Have a Charter School Problem: Why Did They Grant Charters to Grossly Inadequate Applicants? Fumbling or Politics? The Public Deserves Answers
- Reforming the Board of Regents: Who Do the Regent Members Represent? Parents? the Public? the Legislators Who Elected Them? Or, Themselves?
- Thanksgiving in the Hood: A War on Poverty is More Productive Than a War on Principals, Teachers, Families and Kids.
- Are the New Teacher Preparation Exams (edTPA) Racially Discriminatory? And, Why Has the State Failed to Listen to Experienced Educators?
- Zombie Tests: Why Common Core Testing is Dead and Doesn’t Know It