Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Should Poverty Be Acknowledged in Measures of School Accountability? If We Acknowledge Poverty How Do We Avoid a Two-Track System?
- Superintendents? Networks? How do You Manage a 1600-School System? How Do You Lead and Empower?
- Will School Districts Create and Support Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs? Will Parents Demand the Creation and Support of CTE Programs?
- Getting Better: Professional Development is Not a “One-Shot,” Building Learning Communties Builds Highly Effective Teachers
- Picking a High School: The Anarchy of School Choice and Building Communities
- How Do We Teach About Columbus Day? A Brave Explorer? The Annihilator of Indigenous Peoples?
- Separate But Equal or Ending Segregated Schools: A Conflicted Vision for School Improvement
- Branding the de Blasio-Farina Vision of Education: Can the “New Guys” Create a Vision for the School System?
- The American Enterprise Institute Tenure Report: Half-Truths, Mistruths and Outright Lies: The Campaign to Destroy Tenure is Ugly.
- Can the IBM Watson Computer Whisper to Teachers? Can We All Have Our Personal Mentor-Advisor? Can We Trust IBM?