Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Are the New Teacher Preparation Exams (edTPA) Racially Discriminatory? And, Why Has the State Failed to Listen to Experienced Educators?
- Zombie Tests: Why Common Core Testing is Dead and Doesn’t Know It
- The Next 94: Why Can’t We Repair/Assist/Support Schools Before We Have to Reconstruct Them?
- The Albany Riddle: Can the “Average Person” Make an Impact on the Albany Legislative Process?
- Cuomo, Education and the State Legislature: Conflict, Compromise or Submission?
- How Will the Republican Control of Both Houses of Congress Impact the Reauthorization of ESEA and Other Education Policies?
- de Blasio’s School Renewal Plan: Warmed Over Ineffective Turnaround Plans or Well Thought Out Plans Phased-In With Faculty Involvement?
- Political Axiom: “Remember, the Hand You Bite Today May Be Attached to the Ass You Have to Kiss Tomorrow.”
- The Tragedy at Boys and Girls High School: “Saving” a School and Sacrificing Children
- Why Elections Matter. (Hint: Tenure, Pensions, Teacher Evaluation, Student Testing, School Funding, Charter Schools, etc.)