Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Is New York City Ready to Select a Chancellor in a Post Racial World?
- The Commissioner King Show Hits the Big Apple: How Will the Apple Respond to the Commissioner’s Pleas?
- Districts or Networks? or, Structures That Support Teaching and Learning? Organizational Structures Should Be Designed from the Bottom Up.
- Pssst, Bill, Listen to me, This is how to fix schools … Trying to Influence the New Mayor.
- Cuomo, James Madison and Suburban Soccer Moms: Will the Power of Parents Derail the Common Core/State Testing/Data-Sharing?
- Riding the Tsunami: Will Common Core/Testing Survive or Will the Revolt of Parents Topple the Core?
- What is the Role of a Board of Education in a Mayoral Control City? Can de Blasio and an Independent Board Co-Exist?
- Networks versus Districts: Moving from a Structure of Compliance to a Culture of Collaboration.
- Finding Common Ground: The Complex Task of Building Coalitions and Understanding the Difference Between Friends and Enemies
- Mayor de Blasio’s First Challenges: “Low Hanging Fruit” and Substantive Institutional Change