Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Can the IBM Watson Computer Whisper to Teachers? Can We All Have Our Personal Mentor-Advisor? Can We Trust IBM?
- Vergara, Fair Student Funding and Open Market: Do Department Policies Violate the Fundamental Right to Equality of Education?
- New NEA President Lily Garcia Meets Morning Joe and Fails the Test
- David Coleman, the Common Core, the “Redesigned” SAT and Growing Public Angst: Is the Testing Craze Ebbing?
- Can New/Revised Rules for English Language Learners Improve Student Outcomes? or Does Change Begin in Schools and Classrooms? How Do We Encourage “Bottom Up” Reform?
- Vergara East: How Politics, Education Policy and the Law Are Irrevocably Intertwined
- “I’ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours … I Promise Not to Tell Anyone,” (Teacher Evaluation Scores are Released to Teachers/Principals)
- Why Did Teachout Lose? Musing on the Realities of Politics and Elections
- Cuomo versus Teachout: Do You Know Anyone Who’s Voting for Andrew Cuomo?
- Vocational Ed (CTE) Requires the Same Skills as College Readiness: Jobs in the 21st Century are High-Skilled or “Do You Want Fries with That?”