Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Getting Better: Professional Development is Not a “One-Shot,” Building Learning Communties Builds Highly Effective Teachers
- Picking a High School: The Anarchy of School Choice and Building Communities
- How Do We Teach About Columbus Day? A Brave Explorer? The Annihilator of Indigenous Peoples?
- Separate But Equal or Ending Segregated Schools: A Conflicted Vision for School Improvement
- Branding the de Blasio-Farina Vision of Education: Can the “New Guys” Create a Vision for the School System?
- The American Enterprise Institute Tenure Report: Half-Truths, Mistruths and Outright Lies: The Campaign to Destroy Tenure is Ugly.
- Can the IBM Watson Computer Whisper to Teachers? Can We All Have Our Personal Mentor-Advisor? Can We Trust IBM?
- Vergara, Fair Student Funding and Open Market: Do Department Policies Violate the Fundamental Right to Equality of Education?
- New NEA President Lily Garcia Meets Morning Joe and Fails the Test
- David Coleman, the Common Core, the “Redesigned” SAT and Growing Public Angst: Is the Testing Craze Ebbing?