Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Andrew Cuomo Loves Frank Underwood: The House of Cards Plays Out in New York State
- The Leadership Battle Within the State Teacher Union (NYSUT): “Sometimes a Cigar Is Just a Cigar.”
- Should Teachers Review Other Teachers Performance? Creating a Culture of Collaboration and Ownership
- A Virtual Look at Contract Negotiations: A Long Spring for the Negotiators on Both Sides.
- Midnight Oils Burn at Tweed as the Rollout of Policies Begin: The Beginning of a Road to the White House?
- Only One Dog per Hydrant: Cuomo and de Blasio Battle for Power – 4-Year Olds May Be the Victims
- Separating the Wheat from the Chaff: Which Bloomberg Policies Should Stay and Which Go?
- Is a Moratorium on Common Core Testing a Violation of Federal Law? There is Ample Evidence That It is Not.
- Let’s Assign the Teachers in the ATR Pool to Classrooms Now!! 1200 Teachers Should Have Permanent Assignments Teaching Kids Every Day.
- The Common Core is Stumbling in New York State: A Lesson in Crowdsourcing Democracy (“… the act of an institution taking a function once performed by employees and outsourcing it to an undefined (and generally large) network of people in the form of an open call”)