Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Common Core and the Fight for the NYS Senate: How the Failure to Comprehend the Emotional Power of Parents/Teachers/Voters Derailed the Common Core
- In the World of “You Can’t Manage What You Can’t Measure,” When Will You Be Able to See Your Doctor’s VAM Score?
- edTPA: Should Externally Designed National Tests Drive Teacher Preparation Programs and Curricula?
- (Almost) Live Reporting on the 2014 AFT Convention in Los Angeles: Day 3 and a Retrospective
- (Almost) Live Reporting from the AFT Convention in Los Angeles: Day 2
- (Almost) Live Reporting from the 2014 AFT Convention in Los Angeles: Day 1
- Obama, Duncan, Frustration and the Race to Control the Senate, and, the Implications.
- Forced Transfers? “Combat” Pay? Duncan Proposes/Requires That School Districts Create Plans to Attract/Retain “Highly Effective” Teachers in High Poverty Schools
- The 4th of July: Adams, Jefferson and the Signers, the Heros of Our Infancy and Awaiting the Heros of Our Future
- NEA and AFT Convention Convene: Teachers Reflect on the Present and Plan for an Uncertain Future