Janus-faced – marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another; “she was a deceitful scheming little thing”- Israel Zangwill; “a double-dealing double agent”; “a double-faced infernal traitor and schemer”- W.M.Thackeray
- Rescuing Specialized and Screened High Schools: Some Concrete Suggestions
- Afro-American high school senior: “Why do I have to go to a white school to get a good education?”
- Can the de Blasio Specialized High School Schools Admissions Plan Avert the Disastrous City University Open Admissions Program? Or, Was Open Admission a Success?
- Is “Gifted Education” an excuse for “Segregated Education?”
- Cuomo, Nixon, James, Bharara, Teachout: The Merry-Go-Round of Electoral Politics in New York State
- Race is at the Core of Educational and Economic Inequality: Can We Acknowledge and Confront Pervasive Racism?
- “All Politics is Local,” The Saga of the Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR), Assessing Teacher Performance and the Underside of Law-Making in Albany
- The Paradox of Choice: Can New York City Continue Expanding Public/Charter School Choice and Move to Integrate Schools?
- Chancellor Carranza’s Theory of Change: Create a New Research-Based Urban Education Paradigm or Implement Proven Education Programs?
- How Does Implicit Bias, Culturally Relevant Pedagogy, Gender and Race Impact the Teaching and Learning Process?