Chris Cerf, the politics guy for Klein, and now for the Mayor must have been chortling. At a crucial time in negotiations he places the Steve Brill hatchet job, “Rubber Room” article ripping the UFT in the New Yorker, and now a scathing Nick Kristof op ed in the NY Times. His blackberry is jumping off the table, not with praise and adulation for his political acumen, but about the above the fold article on the front page of the Times highlighting spiraling NAEP Math scores in New York State sinking the Klein-Bloomberg house of cards.
- What Type of Chancellor Do We Need in New York City: An “Innovator” or a “Collaborator”?
- The Absence of Paid Maternity and Family Leave for Teachers is a Disgrace
- The Anticipated Next Chancellor: What Should Be the Priorities for the Next Chancellor? Sweeping Changes? Continuing Farina Policies? Or, Using Education to Plot a Path to the White House?
- The Next Chancellor: Do Chancellors Matter? Do Chancellors Actually Impact Teaching and Learning in Classrooms?
- And the Next New York City Schools Chancellor Will/ Or, Will Not Be (According to the NY Times, and friends) …..
- Race and Ethnicity: Does the Race/Ethnicity of a Teacher Impact Student Learning?
- “Why do I have to go to a white school to get a good education?” School Integration/Segregation and School Improvement Policy
- Feds Release ESSA Alternate Assessment Pilot Regulations: Will New York State Apply? Will Parents, Teachers and School Districts Choose to Participate?
- How Do You Choose a New Chancellor for the NYC School System …? Is a Jesus-Moses-Muhammad-Gandhi-like Chancellor Waiting in the Wings?
- Flash: News Sources Report That Chancellor Carmen Farina Will Be Leaving “Early Next Year.”