Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Race and Ethnicity: Does the Race/Ethnicity of a Teacher Impact Student Learning?
- “Why do I have to go to a white school to get a good education?” School Integration/Segregation and School Improvement Policy
- Feds Release ESSA Alternate Assessment Pilot Regulations: Will New York State Apply? Will Parents, Teachers and School Districts Choose to Participate?
- How Do You Choose a New Chancellor for the NYC School System …? Is a Jesus-Moses-Muhammad-Gandhi-like Chancellor Waiting in the Wings?
- Flash: News Sources Report That Chancellor Carmen Farina Will Be Leaving “Early Next Year.”
- The 2018 Legislative Year: Are You Ready? Are You a Citizen Lobbyist? Do You Complain or Act?
- Do New York State High School Graduation Requirements Prepare Students for College and/or Work? Are We Graduating Under-Prepared Students? or, Are The Requirements Ill- Suited to the Current World?
- Do Teacher Expectations of Student Performance Impact Student Outcomes? Is There a “Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations?”
- Why Have New York City Homicides (1990: 2262) Declined So Precipitously (2016: 335)? Can Small Schools Connecting with Students Be at the Core?
- Will Race and/or Ethnicity Be a Factor in Selecting the Next New York City Chancellor?