Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- A Conundrum: How Do You Create a Teacher Evaluation Process That Satisfies Teachers, Principals, Parents, the Legislature and the Governor? (Hint: With Difficulty)
- From “Good Old Boys” to “Sisterhood,” A New Leadership Begins in Albany
- What Do the Opt Out Parents Want? How Are the Feds Going to React?
- Opts Outs and the Tenth Amendment: Will the States and Localities Make Better Education Decisions Than the Federal Government?
- Who Are the Opt Out Parents? Why Has The Movement Accelerated So Quickly? What is the Future and the Impact?
- Can Career and Technical High Schools (fka Vocational High Schools) Reduce the Achievement/Opportunity Gap and Better Prepare Students for the World Beyond High School?
- Carl Heastie’s Board: The Speaker Will “Own” the Successes, or Lack thereof, of His Board of Regents
- Chancellor Betty Rosa: A New Leadership Amidst Swirling Conflicts
- Adieu Chancellor Tisch: Some Thoughts
- Why Did the Republican-Controlled Senate Confirm John King As Secretary of Education?