Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Mayoral Control or an Elected School Board: How Should Education in New York City Be Led?
- Is New York State preparing students to benefit from the $1T Infrastructure Law?
- How will Mayor Adams Lead/Manage NYC Schools?
- Is Giftedness Akin to a Disability? Does Giftedness Require Placement in Separate Classes? Or, a Ruse to Segregate Classes and Mollify White/Asian Parent/Voters?
- Should Religious Exemptions Be Available for the COVID Vaccine? Will SCOTUS Intervene in Determining Religious Exemptions?
- Is the Next Chancellor Standing Offstage? Is the Next Chancellor David Banks?
- Mandated Vaccinations versus Chaos: Can you run the NYC school system without 8,000 teachers and tens of thousands of others? [Updated]
- Is New York State Ready to Drive Dollars and Services to the “Truly Disadvanged”?
- New York City Schools Are Adrift in a Raging Storm [UPDATED]
- Governor Hochul, the UnCuomo Governor: A Supporter of Public Schools or a Machiavellian with a Velvet Glove?