Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- “Defund the Police,” and, “Defund the Billionaires,” Create a Job-Friendly, Equitable Economy for All
- Implied (or not so implied) Bias, White Privilege and Racism: Are We Turning around 400 Years of Bigotry?
- The End of the School Year: Confusion, Uncertainty, Fear and Chaos
- Can We De-Police Schools and Assure Safety for Students and Staff?
- Why is the Board of Regents Leadership “Bleeding” Public Schools by Allowing Charter Expansion?
- When elephants fight, it is the [New Yorkers] that suffer, [amended African Proverb]
- Who will be selected as the next NYS Commissioner of Education? From within NYS? The acting Commissioner? A National Leader? Will Principals/Teachers/Parents be part of the search process?
- Governor Cuomo: Machiavellian, Presidential, or Both?
- The University of California System Abandons the SAT/ACT: Will SUNY Follow? How Will Prospective Students Be Selected?
- What Would Re-Opened Schools Look Like? Who Decides?