Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Should Mayoral Control in New York City Be Extended, and, If So, Should the Law Be Amended?
- The (Maryland) Kirwan Commission: Is It Time for New York State to Investigate Changing School Funding Formulas As Well As Educational Governance and Priorities?
- Does the Specialized High School Admitance Test (SHSAT) Discriminate Against Black Students? or, Does the Discovery Program Discriminate Against Asian Students?
- Power and Politics in Education:Who Controls Education Policy? The Left? The Right? or Teachers and Parents?
- The Mayor Releases the School Diversity Advisory Group Interim Report: a Tepid Report with No Time Frame for Implementation
- What Can We Learn from the Dutch? Can (De)Reformers, Teacher Unions, Charters, Opt-Outs Co-Exist and Schools Thrive?
- Have the teacher strikes created a blue wave of national teacher activism? How will teacher activism impact presidential candidate platforms?
- How Should We Evaluate/Assess/Rate Teacher Performance? (Maybe Peer Review)
- Teacher Evaluation: NYS Legislature Returns Teacher Evaluation to Local Districts within Collective Bargaining and Decouples from Student Testing
- Do Suspensions Work? A Tool to Improve Student Behaviors and/or a Pipeline to Prison?