Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Will the NYS Legislature Require Transparency in Charter Schools?
- Making Tough Choices: The Board of Regents, Equity, Charter Schools and Content-Rich Curriculum
- [UPDATED]The Looming Budget Cliff: Why the Next Mayor Really Matters for Educators
- Two Popes: Will the Incumbent and the Winner of the Democratic Primary Collaborate to Build a New Department of Education or Vie for Power?
- Is it time for New York City Charter Schools to be absorbed into a redesigned New York City School System?
- Why I’m not voting for Eric Adams or Andrew Yang in the June 22rd NYC Mayoral Democratic Primary
- September 21 School Opening and Unanswered Questions: Requiring Vaccinations, Remote Instruction, Teacher Accommodations, Summer School and “Catching Up”
- Are NYC Teacher Retiree Health Plan Benefits in Jeopardy?
- Will NYC Create a Thoughtful and Effective Plan for the Billions of Education Dollars or Waste on Mindless Testing and Remediation?
- John King is Running for Governor of Maryland (probably not supported by NYS teachers)