Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Rescuing Specialized and Screened High Schools: Some Concrete Suggestions
- Afro-American high school senior: “Why do I have to go to a white school to get a good education?”
- Can the de Blasio Specialized High School Schools Admissions Plan Avert the Disastrous City University Open Admissions Program? Or, Was Open Admission a Success?
- Is “Gifted Education” an excuse for “Segregated Education?”
- Cuomo, Nixon, James, Bharara, Teachout: The Merry-Go-Round of Electoral Politics in New York State
- Race is at the Core of Educational and Economic Inequality: Can We Acknowledge and Confront Pervasive Racism?
- “All Politics is Local,” The Saga of the Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR), Assessing Teacher Performance and the Underside of Law-Making in Albany
- The Paradox of Choice: Can New York City Continue Expanding Public/Charter School Choice and Move to Integrate Schools?
- Chancellor Carranza’s Theory of Change: Create a New Research-Based Urban Education Paradigm or Implement Proven Education Programs?
- How Does Implicit Bias, Culturally Relevant Pedagogy, Gender and Race Impact the Teaching and Learning Process?