Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- “Lipstick on a Pig,” Can, or Should, the Regents Salvage the Cuomo Teacher Evaluation Plan?
- Restoring Trust: Can the Regent/SED, Unions and Superintendents Agree on a “Valid. Reliable and Fair” Teacher Evaluation System?
- Wolf Hall. Flanagan, Cuomo, Teachers and the Discomforting World of Albany Politics
- The Albany Education Learning Summit: aka, Teacher Evaluation 4.0: Can the Regents/SED Create a Student Performance/Teacher Observation Model that is Valid, Reliable and Fair?
- The Nolan-Flanagan Bill: Are We Seeing the Revision of the Common Core and Testing in New York State?
- Measuring Teachers by Measuring Students. Are Teacher VAM Scores So Discriminatory, Arbitrary and Capricious As to Constitute an Abuse of Discretion?
- The Network for International High Schools: Islands of Excellence in the Turbulent World of Public Schools
- Reflecting on the Chicago 2015 Network for Public Education Conference and our Hero: Diane Ravitch
- Stemming the Anti-Testing Tsunami: Fire Pearson – A Political Solution to a Educational Crisis in the New York State Educational Morass
- Stepping Outside the Matrix: Ending Test Mania and Professionalizing Teachers