Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- What Type of Chancellor Do We Need in New York City: An “Innovator” or a “Collaborator”?
- The Absence of Paid Maternity and Family Leave for Teachers is a Disgrace
- The Anticipated Next Chancellor: What Should Be the Priorities for the Next Chancellor? Sweeping Changes? Continuing Farina Policies? Or, Using Education to Plot a Path to the White House?
- The Next Chancellor: Do Chancellors Matter? Do Chancellors Actually Impact Teaching and Learning in Classrooms?
- And the Next New York City Schools Chancellor Will/ Or, Will Not Be (According to the NY Times, and friends) …..
- Race and Ethnicity: Does the Race/Ethnicity of a Teacher Impact Student Learning?
- “Why do I have to go to a white school to get a good education?” School Integration/Segregation and School Improvement Policy
- Feds Release ESSA Alternate Assessment Pilot Regulations: Will New York State Apply? Will Parents, Teachers and School Districts Choose to Participate?
- How Do You Choose a New Chancellor for the NYC School System …? Is a Jesus-Moses-Muhammad-Gandhi-like Chancellor Waiting in the Wings?
- Flash: News Sources Report That Chancellor Carmen Farina Will Be Leaving “Early Next Year.”