Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- The AFT Convention: Summing Up – Can Teachers and Their Union Prevail in the Clinton-Trump Matchup?
- The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Convention: Days 1 and 2: Hillary, Randi, ESSA, Governors, Senators, Debate and Guests.
- Off to Minneapolis: Preparing for the American Federation of Teacher Convention: Will the Bernie and Hillary Supporters Bond?
- Magic Bullets Equal Duds: Why Do Top-Down Educational Initiatives Rarely Succeed? Will ESSA Change the Face of Education?
- School Leadership Matters: Why Are So Many School Leaders Mediocre?
- The New York State Legislature Adjourns with a “Whimper,”as Educational Policy-Making Moves to the Board of Regents
- Getting It Right: Building a Research-Based Teacher Assessment System
- Mayoral Control, Appointed or Elected Boards of Education: Are Urban School Districts Governable?
- The Fox in the Hen House: The Flanagan/Cuomo Mayoral Control Bill
- Payback is a Bitch: de Blasio, Cuomo the Senate Republicans and Mayoral Control