Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- The Lysistrata Effect: Misogyny, Women and the Presidential Election
- What Should Be the First Educational Initiative of the HRC Administration?
- How Will the New Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Impact Teachers and Schools?
- Race: Does the Race of a Teacher Impact Student Performance? Does the Race of a School Leader Impact Teacher Effectiveness?
- The Coleman Report at 50: Was Coleman “Right,” Have We Made Progress? What Have We Learned?
- If the head of the new President-Elect’s Transition Team called you and asked for advice …
- Debate Lessons: Valid, Reliable Research Must Drive Policy Decisions, from Candidates, Ed Commissioners and Board Members
- Sol Stern: As American Education Collapses, Democracy’s Foundation Shakes (Warning: A Dystopian View of Our Future)
- Schadenfreude: Cuomo, de Blasio, Machiavelli and the Turbulent World of New York State Politics
- Advocacy Research: So-Called Research Must Not Be Misused to Defend Politically Popular Educational Policies