Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Graduation Measures: Will/Should the New York State Regents Examinations Survive?
- Graduation Measures: What is the Blue Ribbon Commission and How Will It Impact Education in New York State?
- Is New York State Raising, Lowering or “Adjusting” High School Graduation Requirements?
- First Impressions: Superintendents Prowling Schools Engendering Fear or Building Partnerships with Teachers and Parents
- The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Convention: A Preview
- A Cynical Staff and New Leadership: Can the Chancellor Create/Support Coherent Instruction and Collaborative Schools? A Summer of Planning for Change or “More of the Same”?
- The End of a School Year: “Free at last, Free at Last …”
- Repairing a Leviathan in Flight: Rebuilding a School System
- The New Mayoral Control Law in New York City: Who Won? Who Lost?
- How Do You Select a School District Superintendent?