Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- How Can the State Education Department Increase High School Graduation Rates? (Hint: Listen to and Support Teachers and School Leaders)
- Guest Blog: An Alternative to Tests for Measuring Student Growth That Can Also Facilitate Teacher Growth
- VAM, the Lederman Decision and the Misuse of Statistical Tools. “Gut versus Actual Evidence.”
- Can Education Technology Narrow the Achievement Gap? A Panel at the Hunter College/John Hopkins Policy Forums
- Can Donald Trump Become Our Next President?
- A Conundrum: How Do You Create a Teacher Evaluation Process That Satisfies Teachers, Principals, Parents, the Legislature and the Governor? (Hint: With Difficulty)
- From “Good Old Boys” to “Sisterhood,” A New Leadership Begins in Albany
- What Do the Opt Out Parents Want? How Are the Feds Going to React?
- Opts Outs and the Tenth Amendment: Will the States and Localities Make Better Education Decisions Than the Federal Government?
- Who Are the Opt Out Parents? Why Has The Movement Accelerated So Quickly? What is the Future and the Impact?