Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- The New York City High School Application Process: Is It Fair to Students? Can It Be Improved?
- ESSA, Next Generation Standards, Curriculum: The Beginning of a Trip Up a Steep Learning Staircase
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival), Trump, Schumer and Pelosi: A One Night Stand or a Full Fledged Affair?
- The First Day: Stressful or Welcoming? The Crucial Importance of School Leadership – Setting the Tone for the School Year
- What is News? How Do We Decide What News to Accept and What to Reject? Should News Be “Created?” Why are George Orwell and Hannah Arndt Required Reading.
- The Absent Teacher Reserve (ATR): Why is Bad Policy So Difficult to Abandon?
- Is Education Reform Dying or Thriving in New York City?
- Eva, Andrew and NYS Politics: Why is Eva Moskowitz, the Success Academy Network CEO so politically influential?
- Is “Culturally Responsive Pedagogy” an Evidence-Based Intervention Within the ESSA Law?
- Suspensions: A Rational Response to Inappropriate Student Behaviors or a Continuation of the Dehumanization of Children of Color: A Research Literature Review.