Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Who Fails to Graduate High School? And, Why? Thinking Outside the Box (Part 2 Students with Disabilities)
- Who Fails to Graduate High School? And, Why? Thinking Outside the Box (Part 1 ELLs)
- Selecting New Members to the NYS Board of Regents: The Race Is On
- Intergenerational Conflicts: Why Do Veteran Teachers and New Young Principals Clash?
- Untimed Tests. Fewer Questions: Will the Opt Out Families Be Assuaged? Suggestion: A Comprehensive Plan, Not Piecemeal Fixes
- Advice to the New Upcoming Leadership of the New York State Board of Regents
- Students with Disabilities and High School Graduation: Can the State Create Additional Graduation Pathways Without “Tracking” Students?
- Graduation Rates: Why Do Kids Drop Out of School? Fail Courses? Fail Regents? How Can We Increase Graduation Rates Without Ruses?
- Windows Open, Windows Close: Will New York State Move Away from Punitive Testing to a Performance Task Model? From Rating Teachers to Facilitating Teacher Growth?
- Albany Convenes: What Can We Expect From the State Legislature and the Governor?