Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Measuring Teachers by Measuring Students. Are Teacher VAM Scores So Discriminatory, Arbitrary and Capricious As to Constitute an Abuse of Discretion?
- The Network for International High Schools: Islands of Excellence in the Turbulent World of Public Schools
- Reflecting on the Chicago 2015 Network for Public Education Conference and our Hero: Diane Ravitch
- Stemming the Anti-Testing Tsunami: Fire Pearson – A Political Solution to a Educational Crisis in the New York State Educational Morass
- Stepping Outside the Matrix: Ending Test Mania and Professionalizing Teachers
- Welcome to the Matrix: The New York State Board of Regents Begins to Create Yet Another New Teacher Evaluation Plan – By June 30th.
- The School Wars: A New Chapter – Can the Newly Reconstituted Board of Regents Create a Teacher Evaluation Plan – in Two Months? The Regents Face a Daunting Task.
- How Citizen Lobbyists Can Influence Electeds on the Local Level (and a wonderful song!)
- The Topsy-Turvy Budget: Why the Governor Controls the NYS Budget Process and the Role of a Mobilized Citizenry
- Olives, Condoms and Teacher Quality: The Education Transformation Act of 2015 is Fatally Flawed and Counteproductive