Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- DeVos, Grizzly Bears and Public Policy: Can Parents and Teachers Create a “#PublicSchoolProud” Movement?
- ESSA, Martin Luther King and Accountability: Will the New York State Plan Address Fiscal Inequalities?
- Why is President-Elect Trump So Enamored of Russian leader Putin, What Can We Learn from Washington’s Farewell Address?
- Should the NYS Commissioner Remove Carl Paladino from the Buffalo School Board? Are Abhorrent, Racist Comments Protected by the First Amendment?
- Albany 2017: What Can We Expect from the Governor, the Legislature and the Regents?
- E. D. Hirsch: “American Teachers Are Being Blamed for Intellectual Failings That Permeate the System Within Which They Must Work.”
- Obama, Trump and Governing: Armageddon or a Breath of Fresh Air?
- Assessing What Teachers Teach and What Students Learn: Creating Authentic Assessments for Students and Teachers
- Authentic Assessment: Will New York State Begin to Move from “Bubbling” to “Deeper Learning”?
- Trump, ESSA and Education Policy: Musing Over the Future of Public Education