Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Trump, Ignorance and the Electorate: Why is the Public Unable to Intelligently Debate Election Issues?
- Schools Are NOT a Pipeline to Prison: We Cannot Blame Schools, School Leaders and Teachers for the Failures of National Policies.
- What Did the Release of the New York State Grades 3-8 Common Core Scores Tell Us About Teaching and Learning? (Aside from Geography, Sadly, is Destiny)) The Answer: Nothing.
- Beyond Credit Recovery: Who Are the Students Who Don’t Graduate, and, Why Are They Failing to Graduate?
- Removing the Credit Recovery Stain: Will the Chancellor Restore Credibility to the High School Diploma?
- Mixed Martial Arts: The Republican Debates Begin the Race to the Top – Will the Republicans Self-Destruct and Can the Democrats Coalesce Around a Candidate?
- Receivership, Renewal, Credit Recovery Abuse, Partner Schools, Showcase Schools, Cheating: What is the Message from Central? Do Teachers Have to Be Led or Can They Be Trusted to Lead?
- Guest Blog: An Experienced Educator Comments on the Receivership Metrics (“Will the Metrics Improve Struggling Schools?”)
- Receivership: A Magic Bullet for “Struggling” Schools or Another Chimera, Castor Oil or Ambrosia?
- Credit Recovery is a Scandal: The New York State Education Test Integrity Unit Must Open an Investigation.