Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- The New York State School Budget: Why Are the Wealthiest Districts Getting Richer and the Poorest District Getting Poorer?
- Why are the Specialized High School Segregated and Why Are the Chancellor and the Mayor Afraid to Craft an Alternative Plan?
- Are Schools a Pipeline to Prison? Will Reducing Suspensions Improve Student Outcomes? Or, Have an Adverse Impact on Student Discipline/Student Achievement? What is the Purpose of Student Suspensions?
- Dear Chancellor Carranza, A Welcome and Suggestions for our Latest New York City School Leader
- Jilted!! Why did Alberto Leave DeBlasio at the Alter? And, Who Is Next in Line?
- Janus v AFSCME: How Conservatives Are Using the Supreme Court to Impose Their Political/Philosophical Beliefs on the Nation
- The Alliance for Quality Education (AQE) Should Not Be Publicly Battling the United Federation of Teachers (UFT): The Future of Public Education is at Serious Risk
- What Type of Chancellor Do We Need in New York City: An “Innovator” or a “Collaborator”?
- The Absence of Paid Maternity and Family Leave for Teachers is a Disgrace
- The Anticipated Next Chancellor: What Should Be the Priorities for the Next Chancellor? Sweeping Changes? Continuing Farina Policies? Or, Using Education to Plot a Path to the White House?