Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- New York City Schools Are Adrift in a Raging Storm [UPDATED]
- Governor Hochul, the UnCuomo Governor: A Supporter of Public Schools or a Machiavellian with a Velvet Glove?
- The Supreme Court (hopefully) Learns from the Wisdom of the American People
- The Infrastructure Bills and Career Technical Education (CTE): Changing the Future for a Generation of Students
- Can We Create Student Assessments That Are Helpful to Teachers?
- Should the NYS Department of Health Require COVID Vaccinations for Students 12 and Older?
- Should Teachers and Students Be Required to be Vaccinated?
- The New York State Regents Agenda for 21-22: High School Graduation Requirements, Standardized Testing and CRT (lite)
- Getting into Adams Head: How Can I Get Off to a Successful Start As Mayor of NYC?
- Tisch/Loeb versus Young/Rosa: The Battle Over the Charter Cap