Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Why do Trump, Pence, DeVos and Republicans Support Charter Schools, Education Vouchers, “privatizing” Social Security and Medicare/caid? What Does Supporting “Small Government” Mean? And, Will Trump Build a Statute of Ayn Rand on the Washington Mall?
- Trump Nominates Betsy DeVos and Declares War on Public Education: Vouchers, Charters and School Choice on Steroids
- Trump, New Federalism and the Devolution of Government: Will Political Rhetoric Morph to Political Pragmatism?
- Meandering Toward an ESSA Plan: Can the Commissioner/Regents Satisfy the Electeds, Parents, Teachers and Create a More Equitable Learning Environment?
- Trump Lite or the Dark Donald: A Reagan Impersonator or a Proto-Fascist?
- America Votes NO and Elects Trump: Speculation on a Trump Presidency
- The Election: Musing on the Future of Politics – Is There a Path to Bipartisan Politics?
- The Suspension Conundrum: Are Restorative Justice Practices Too Late? Can We Identify Students Prone to Committing Anti-Social Acts and Intervene Earlier?
- Small Themed High Schools: Should Principals Be Permitted to Select Students? If So, What Happens to the Unwanted?
- Can the Polls Be Wrong? Hillary is up 8%, No; Trump is up 1%, What’s Going On? Why Are the Polls Varying So Much?