Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Should Teachers of Immigrant Children Be Assessed Using the NYSESLAT Student Assessment Test?
- Shouldn’t An Open Dialogue Have Preceded the Extension of Mayoral Control? Mayoral Control Without Public Input Is Autocratic Control.
- Do the New York City Renewal School/Out of Time School Polices Include Encouraging Cheating by Principals?
- Getting to Yes: New York State End of Session Negotiations Appear to Result in a “Framework.” Who’s Happy? Who’s Not?
- The World of the Regents Are Changing – Message from the Legislature: “You’re in Charge – You’re the Experts – Do What’s Best for the Families and Staffs.”
- Cuomo for President: Is There a “Scott Walker” Democratic Path to the White House?
- Who Sets Education Policy in New York State: The Governor or the Board of Regents? Should Education Policy Reflect the Views of the Governor or Parents, Teachers and Principals?
- Mayoral Control Woes: Can Mayoral Control Include Parents and Communities in the Policy Circle?
- Building Trust: Can the Regents Begin to Regain the Trust of Parents and Teachers Across the State?
- New York State Selects a Controversial Commissioner: Let’s Give Her (That’s Right – Her) A Chance!!