Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- The Failure of Arne Duncan: How President Obama Placed Friendship Above Sound Education Policy and Stained His Legacy.
- Arne Duncan Out, John King In, on an Acting Basis for the Remainder of the Obama Administration: Has King Learned from His Disastrous New York State Experience?
- Does Race Matter? The New York State Board of Regents Workgroup on Improving Outcomes for Boys and Young Men of Color
- The Key to Effective Schools: Sustainable, Scalable Professional Development Committees Driven by School Leaders and School Staffs
- When Will We Learn: Top Down, Rigid Models (Race to the Top) Never Produce Positive Outcomes, The “Answers” Are Found by the Superintendents, School Leaders, Teachers and Parents.
- Can the Regents, the Legislature and the Governor Agree Upon a New Path that Will Assuage Opt-Out Parent Anger? Windows Open/Windows Close – Who Are the Leaders?
- The Board of Regents Convene With a Contentious Agenda and the Ominous Shadow of the Governor
- Another School Opening: Will the Opt-Out Parent Voters Force Policymakers to Abandon Ideological Advocacy and Base Decisions on Peer-Reviewed Research?
- A Window: The Regents and the Commissioner Have an Opportunity to Craft Student Tests and Teacher Evaluation Plans That Are Meaningful to Families and Staffs
- Trump, Ignorance and the Electorate: Why is the Public Unable to Intelligently Debate Election Issues?