Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Who is Responsible for the Demise of Mayoral Control? Eva
- Tick Tock: Mayoral Control Dangles by a Thread as the Legislature Enters Its Last Day: Can the Governor Be The Deal Maker?
- Mayoral Control and Charter Schools: Pawns on the Chessboard of Politics
- New York State Reduces Grades 3-8 Testing from Three to Two Days, and, We Learn: Test Creation is Complicated, and the Results – Relatively Meaningless.
- Saving Schools That Save Students: Alternative High Schools Are An Essential Element of School Districts
- Why Are the NYS Republicans Such Avid Supporters of Charter Schools? Think Walton Family Dollars: Boycott Walmart
- Why Do We Test Students? (Hint: Newton’s First Law of Motion) Maybe, Just Maybe, Aligned Curriculum and Instruction and School Leadership Are More Effective Approaches.
- “When Elephants Fight:” Will Political Bickering End Mayoral Control in New York City? Would NYC Return to a Politicized “Identity” Education Politics?
- Should the New York State Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Accountability Plan Punish Schools for High Rates of Chronic Absenteeism?
- The New York State ESSA Plan Released: Setting a New Path for Defining School Accountability or Recreating a Kinder “Test and Punish” Plan?