Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- The Power of Culture: The the Specialized High Schools Admittance Test (SHSAT) Roots are Embedded Deeply in the Past
- The New York State Board of Regents and State Education Department Should NOT Allow Charter Schools to Expand Beyond the Eighth Grade (A “Back Door” to Exceeding the Cap).
- The Gentrification of Schools: Creating More “Gifted Schools” Must Not Diminish Schools Serving All Students
- Supreme Court Hears Arguments on the 2020 Census Citizenship Question: Hundreds of Millions of Dollars for New York State in Danger
- Will Governor Cuomo Succeed in Increasing/Eliminating the New York City Charter School Cap?
- The Grades 3-8 Testing Disaster (Yet Again!): Can the Commissioner/Regents Satisfy the Demands of Anti-Testing Folks?
- Census 2020: Political Clout and Dollars at Stake: A Lot of Dollars: How is New York City and State Responding?
- What Happened? Why Are the New York City Specialized High Schools (and Schools in General) So Segregated? Some History and Suggestions
- Feds Cite New York State for Decades of Depriving Special Education Students of Services: Will/Can the State Comply?
- Should Mayoral Control in New York City Be Extended, and, If So, Should the Law Be Amended?