Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- How Effective is Mayor Control in New York City? Has Mayoral Control Effectively Addressed Inequities and Overall Effectiveness?
- Governor Cuomo versus the Children, Parents and Teachers of the State of New York: Will the Funding Formula Inequities Be Addressed?
- Should the American Federation of Teachers Endorse a Candidate in the Democratic Primaries? If so, Who Should They Endorse?
- Can Bloomberg Win the Democratic Nomination for President? Can Bloomberg Defeat Trump?
- School Integration is More Than Counting Kids by Race …
- Do NYS Graduation Measures Adequately Prepare Students for Career and/or College?
- Do Students in the Big Five, Rural Schools and Low-Wealth Districts Receive the Same Rigorous, Robust, Well-Balanced, Coherent Curriculum as Students in High-Wealth Districts?
- “Breaking the Rules,” Can School Districts and Teacher Unions Collaborate to Encourage Innovative Educational Practices at the School Level?
- Who will become the next NYS Education Commissioner?
- Why Do We Test Students? Is Testing Unnecessary and Abusive or Raising the Academic Bar and Preparation for Adulthood?