Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- How Might a Clinton or Trump Presidency Impact Federal Education Policy?
- Tick, Tock: Nausea, Cold Sweats and Nightmares: School Begins in a Week
- Should Teachers Assign Homework? or, Does “Bad” Homework Drive out “Good” Homework?
- The Politicization of State Tests: Creating Tests in Which “All Students in New York State Are Above Average”
- Are Suspensions a Pipeline to Prison or a Valid Response to Unacceptable Behavior? How Do Suspensions Impact the Behavior of the Other Students in the Class? Are Afro-American Parents Opposed to Suspensions?
- Suspensions, the School to Prison Pipeline, de Blasio and the 2017 Mayoral Election: “All Politics is Local.”
- Why Did the State Test Scores Jump? What Do You Think? Join the Discussion
- Why Did New York State Test Scores Jump? Better Instruction? Untimed Tests? All the Kids Got Smarter, or, Shenanigans?
- The AFT Convention: Summing Up – Can Teachers and Their Union Prevail in the Clinton-Trump Matchup?
- The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Convention: Days 1 and 2: Hillary, Randi, ESSA, Governors, Senators, Debate and Guests.