Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- “When Elephants Fight:” Will Political Bickering End Mayoral Control in New York City? Would NYC Return to a Politicized “Identity” Education Politics?
- Should the New York State Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Accountability Plan Punish Schools for High Rates of Chronic Absenteeism?
- The New York State ESSA Plan Released: Setting a New Path for Defining School Accountability or Recreating a Kinder “Test and Punish” Plan?
- The Freedom of Speech Thin Line: Defending and Advocating for Your School or Indoctrinating and Using Students
- Suspensions: Useful Tool to Improve Student Behavior, or, Racist Acts, or, the Inevitable Outcomes from “Truly Disadvantaged” Poverty?
- How Would We Assess Student Progress Without Standardized Tests?
- Is It Time to Review High School Graduation Requirements? Regents Exams? Computer Science as a Required Course? Authentic Assessments?
- New York State United Teachers (NYSUT): Impeding Student Progress and Education Reform or Defending the Rights of Students, Parents and Teachers?
- “Evening the Playing Field:” Will the ESSA Accountability Plan Acknowledge the Work of Teachers in “Truly Disadvantaged” Schools? Will the plan be “Equitable?”
- ESSA, Lake WoeBeGone and Confronting Authentic Assessments and the Pernicious Impact of Poverty