Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Mixed Martial Arts: The Republican Debates Begin the Race to the Top – Will the Republicans Self-Destruct and Can the Democrats Coalesce Around a Candidate?
- Receivership, Renewal, Credit Recovery Abuse, Partner Schools, Showcase Schools, Cheating: What is the Message from Central? Do Teachers Have to Be Led or Can They Be Trusted to Lead?
- Guest Blog: An Experienced Educator Comments on the Receivership Metrics (“Will the Metrics Improve Struggling Schools?”)
- Receivership: A Magic Bullet for “Struggling” Schools or Another Chimera, Castor Oil or Ambrosia?
- Credit Recovery is a Scandal: The New York State Education Test Integrity Unit Must Open an Investigation.
- A Suggestion to the NYS Board of Regents: Create Policies That Increase High School Graduation Rates?
- Why We Should All Get On Board the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) for Hillary Campaign
- Can the House and the Senate Agree on Reauthorized NCLB? Would the President Sign or Veto the Bill? The Ages-Old Federalist versus Anti-federalists Debate Being Fought Out Once Again.
- Can the New Commissioner and the Board of Regents Begin to Win Back the Public? A Few Suggestions.
- Should Teachers of Immigrant Children Be Assessed Using the NYSESLAT Student Assessment Test?