Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Closing High Schools/Creating Small High Schools: How Can We Support All High Schools and All Students?
- The Reauthorization of No Child Left Behind Moves Forward in Congress: How Will It Impact New York State?
- The Public Housing Project to Prison Pipeline (with a stop at school): Musing on School Suspensions
- Cuomo Common Core Task Force Listening Sessions Begin (With a Whimper)
- New York Schools Are the Most Segregated in the Nation: Are There Remedies? Is There the Political Will to Implement Remedies? And, Does School Integration Matter without Economic Equality?
- Imagine 200,000 Former Opt-Out Parents Opting In to Support a Regents/Commissioner Initiative? Participation Reduces Resistance, Ownership Builds Trust
- Chancellor Tisch Will Not Seek Another Term: Some Suggestions – How To Begin to Win Back Parents and Teachers
- Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa: Has the President and the NYS Board of Regents Accepted Responsibility for Years of Failed Education Decisions? Has Fear of Parent Electoral Anger Motivated the Electeds? Or, Just Hoping We Go Away If Tempted With Sweet Words?
- Success Academy Charter School Staff Diversity: Why is the Staff Overwhelming White? Tone Deaf? By Choice? A Diverse Workforce is Essential in the 21st Century.
- The Cuomo Common Core Task Force: Can the “Adults in the Room” Create Policies to Improve Outcomes for All Students? Can Sensible Politics Trump Failed Politics?