Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- NYS Education Commissioner Resigns (to move to another “Educational Opportunity”): Should the Next Commissioner Be an Innovator, a Reformer, an Administrator?
- Should New York State End Regents Exams? Can Authentic Assessments Replace the Regents? Or, Will We Diminish the Value of a Diploma?
- Can Education and Social Policy Lift de Blasio to the White House?
- What My Son Taught Me, Conversations About Race and Fatherhood
- The Democratic Presidential Debate: Why Were Education and Labor Ignored (except for busing)?
- Another School Year Ends: Time for Teachers to Decompress and Use Those Organizational Skills in the World of Politics
- The Downside of Mayoral Control: Can Political Agendas Drive Education Policy?
- Racism, White Privilege, Charter Schools, Equity, Economic Inequality: Is There a Pathway Out of Generational Poverty?
- Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR): Evaluating Chancellor Richard Carranza
- Will Mandatory Anti-Bias Training Eliminate or Increase Implicit Bias’?