Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Hot Potato: The NYS Regents May Have to Decide How Teachers Are Assessed (in 60 days), Any Ideas?
- Albany. Teacher Evaluation, Cuomo. Seeming Chaos and the Heritage of James Madison
- Will the Newly Reconstituted Board of Regents Create a New Agenda? Can the Regents Convert Parent/Voter Anger into Support? Can the Regents Lead a National Revolution?
- What is the “New Teacher” Crisis? Should We Set High Barriers to Becoming a Teacher or Figure Out How to Retain New Teachers? Exploring the Dunning -Kruger Syndrome
- The Charter Wars Revisited: “Backfill,” Suspensions, Choice and Authentic Assessment at the Manhattan Institute
- The “March Massacre:” The Legislature Dumps Two Senior Regents Members and Appoints Three Former Superintendents: Change Is In the Air.
- Mixed Martial Arts in Albany: Cuomo versus Heastie versus Skelos
- The Enigma of Race and Culture: Orlando Patterson, The Cultural Matrix: Understanding Black Youth
- Scott Walker, Andrew Cuomo and Labor Unions: Will Cuomo Follow the Walker Path?
- Angry Andy’s Failing Schools & the Finger of Blame