Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Report from the NYS Board of Regents Meeting (1/14-15/2019) [High School Grads as Substitutes and Punishing OptOut Schools]
- Upcoming Legislative Session: Will the Legislature/Governor Agree to a Moratorium on the Creation of New Charter Schools?
- Upcoming Legislative Session: Should the Legislature Renew, Amend or Abandon the Mayoral Control Law?
- Upcoming Albany Legislative Session: School Aid Funding and an Albany Politics Primer
- Christmas Past and Christmas Future: Reflecting on 2018 and Anticipating Education Policies in 2019
- Politics Rules: Who Will the UFT Endorse for New York City Public Advocate? And, Why Endorse Anyone?
- New Research: “Prospective Teachers Respond to Economic Incentives,” Absent “Economic Incentives,” How Can We Attract and Retain Teachers?
- How Will the Newly Elected Progressives Impact Policy-Making in the NYS Legislature (and the Congress)?
- The Assessment Wars: Is a Grassroots Revolution Bubbling Up Across the Nation Opposing Punitive Annual Testing?
- Do the Success Academy Charter Schools Routinely Ignore the Rights of Students with Disabilities? The NYS Commissioner Will Decide