Career NYC high school teacher, district representative for the United Federation of Teachers, participated in the design and implemention of school-based budgeting initiatives in a school district, instructor at the New School University, reviewer on NYS State Education SURR review process and Redesign Panels, education consultant, created and supported small high schools, represent union members at interest arbitrations and ocassional writer on Edwize.org blog.
- Schadenfreude: Cuomo, de Blasio, Machiavelli and the Turbulent World of New York State Politics
- Advocacy Research: So-Called Research Must Not Be Misused to Defend Politically Popular Educational Policies
- A Vote for Gary Johnson (or, Jill Stein) is a Vote for Trump
- The New, Feisty Board of Regents Explores Principal Preparation: Why Don’t We Have Better Principals?
- Are You Voting in the Primary Elections on Tuesday?
- Repairing Broken Teacher Preparation Programs: Hiring Unprepared Teachers or Fixing a Broken System: A Vital Task for the Board of Regents
- Is There a Brexit Election Parallel? Are Millions of Trump Voters Hiding in the Weeds?
- Presidential Polling and Measuring Teachers: The Misuse of Data and the Gullibility of the Public
- How Might a Clinton or Trump Presidency Impact Federal Education Policy?
- Tick, Tock: Nausea, Cold Sweats and Nightmares: School Begins in a Week